Within its wide range of vertical agitators, INOXMIM has designed the VMD and VMR agitators to satisfy agitating and homogenisation requirements in medium volume vessels (2000-15,000 litres).
VMD and VMR agitators are fitted with a lip sealing system which, along with the bolstering tower and semi-shaft transmission, provide high agitating performance and capacity and also extend the working life of the unit. Their characteristics mean a wide variety of impeller elements can be used, working with high viscosity products which tend to form lumps or which are difficult to mix.
These units are capable of carrying out a wide range of operations including dilution, dissolving, reagent mixes, product maintenance, etc. For these reasons, these agitators are extensively used in water treatment and in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
Some examples of applications which can be carried out are as follows:
- Dissolving of sugar (in milk, wine, juices, etc.), cocoa powder, reagents, salt in water, calcium hydroxide, etc.
- Dilution of pigments, additives, colorants, etc.
- Preparation of sodium hypochlorite/calcium, thickeners, adhesives, syrups, gels, creams, distilled drinks.
- Asphalt emulsion
- Slicing fruit and vegetables
- Mixing and maintaining acidic, basic or corrosive products.
- DIN 2576 PN10 Anchor flange
- Tower for bearings
- Lip seal
- Level of finish: Industrial
- Shaft/propeller material stainless steel AISI 316
- Aluminium tower
- Control panel
- Anchor flange: square, IEC type
- Other materials: AISI 304L
- V-ring sealing
- Mechanical or frequency variator
- Propeller/shaft cover (PP, PE, PVC, resins, etc.)
- Lip seal with splash safety
- Stabiliser ring
- Stainless steel casing