EMT -- -- mixers are specifically designed to obtain homogeneous mixes of solids in liquids without any lumps or oxidation. Thanks to their high shear and mixing capacity, the configuration of the headpiece and the impeller achieves dissolving with or without product recirculation. The inline assembly allows easier dissolutions, emulsions, dispersions, suspensions and homogenisations, obtaining a product with small particle size and no lumps.
The operating principle of this system is found in the suction generated by the quick circulation of the fluid through the feeder thanks to the Venturi effect, making powder suction easier. The solid discharge is connected once the fluid is circulating, regulated using the section valve. The mix enters the central part of the impeller and, once inside, is dispersed through the diffuser orifices, where it is crushed and dispersed to obtain a completely homogeneous product. Once it has been poured into the pumping chamber and retain time has passed, the reverse turbine impeller provides the impulsion pressure necessary to pump the product towards the next unit, and also generates the suction necessary during the operation.
These mixers have been designed for optimal assembly and dismantling of the different parts, making maintenance tasks easier and allowing operation with a high level of sanitisation. The size and shape of the headpieces and rotors are adjusted according to the characteristics of each product and application.
For these reasons, EMT mixers are widely used in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries for solid loads.
Some of the main applications are:
- Dissolving of sugar in foodstuffs (wine, syrup, condensed milk, ice cream, etc.)
- Preparation/reconstitution of powdered milk
- Brine preparation
- Dissolving of starch, thickeners, salts, bentonite, xanthan gum, etc.
- Additive, colourant and aroma suspension and dispersion
- Incorporation of different solids for suspensions (lime, thickeners, additives, etc.)
- Dual cartridge mechanical seal
- Solids incorporation hopper
- Adjustable headpiece and turbine design
- CLAMP connections
- Large solid load capacity
- High degree of hygiene
- Quick dismantling with CLAMP connections
- Adjustable discharge direction
- External protection against environmental oxidation
- Manual butterfly valve
- The parts in contact with the product are made from stainless steel AISI 316
- Level of finish: Foodstuff / Sanitary
- EPDM / Viton / Encapsulated PTFE gaskets
- Pneumatic actuator valve
- Ball valve
- Control panel
- Multi-grooved headpiece
- Other connections: DIN 11851, SMS, DIN 11856, DIN 2576, etc.
- Frequency variator
- Drain connection
- Mechanical seal cooling system
- Level sensor
- Turbine and diffuser in other materials: Hastelloy, AISI 904L, etc.
- Platform, trolley